Date:      Sat, 23 May 1998 18:00:21 -0500
From:      "J.A. Terranson" <sysadmin@mfn.org>
To:        "'FreeBSD Questions'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Virus on FreeBSD

>>How far could one go with a custom CD-ROM used for booting ?  Has anyone
>>such a setup working ?

:Sure: I've done it. and it's *SLOW*.  Of course, there's the trade-off, right?  There
:is also one other issue: the drive didnt last very long!  Hopefully, the new 72x
:drives should be capable of both long term use and sufficient speed, since they
:rely on multiple beams rather than high rotational speed.  We'll see...

:J.A. Terranson

:sysadmin@mfn.org