Date:      Sun, 8 Feb 2004 19:27:17 -0800
From:      "Alex Teslik" <alex@acatysmoof.com>
To:        Jeff Gardner <freebsd@newgalaxy.net>, Christopher Nehren <apeiron@comcast.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions List <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 3Com USRobotics 5699B 56k fax modem install

Hey Jeff,

   No, you are correct. I had a 5699B and I have now replaced it with a 5610B.
Both modems do not work with 4.8_RELEASE. I started another thread called
"struggling with hylafax install" which you have already responded to that
details the problems with the 5610B modem.
   From your uname output I have decided to upgrade to 4.9 RELEASE in the
hopes that that supports it. I can't do a 5 branch upgrade right now.

fingers crossed and thanks,
Alex

P.S.- I'll update after the results of my upgrade.