Date:      Sat, 1 Jul 2000 14:23:37 +0530
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        Bill Barnes <bbarnes@operamail.com>, freebsd questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: freebsd performance

Alfred Perlstein said on Jul  1, 2000 at 01:33:05:
> > I'm using Opera which is a fast browser elsewhere, but it sure bogs down at
> > mail.yahoo.com.  Operamail and google are almost instant.
> >
> > Makes me wonder about perfomance on my website.
>
> That's strange, it loads instantly for me, maybe your connectivity
> sucks?

The Yahoo web page loads fast for me, but I find that mail to
yahoo.com often stays queued on my machine for hours or days while
mail to every other machine in the world is getting through.  Other
people in other parts of the world have told me the same thing.  But
I doubt the problem has anything to do with freebsd.

Rahul.