Date:      Sun, 19 Jul 1998 13:12:42 +1000 (EST)
From:      Brendan Kosowski <brendan@bmkind.lnk.telstra.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   PCI Ethernet Card problem

I have installed a PCI Ethernet card. I noticed that the GENERIC kernel
config file only lists ISA Ethernet Card ADDRESSES & INTERUPTS.

My KERNEL seems to recognise the card at "ed2" at bootup, even though it
is not in the KERNEL config file.

The following problems seem to be occuring :

1. The routing table "netstat -r" is not automatically adding the
localhosts Ethernet hardware address as it does when I use an ISA card.

	eg. destination    gateway                Nitif
	    hostname       00:40:05:34:bb:d4      lo0

2. When I telnet to any other host on my network, the networking is very
slow ( it seems to temporarily hang every few seconds ).

3. Manualy Adding the local Ethernet hardware address to the routing table
does not solve the slow ethernet problem.

Can anyone help ???

Thanks & Regards, Brendan...