Date:      Wed, 05 May 1999 15:52:43 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        junkmale@xtra.co.nz, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCWeek article by Anne Chen -- Comments

At 09:37 AM 5/6/99 +1200, Dan Langille wrote:

 >From what I've read, it is not only the "NOMINAL leadership" which opposes
>your tactics.  It appears to be much wider than the leadership.

Not based on my e-mail. It seems mainly to be a few of the leaders and
then some flamers. I get a great deal of support via private e-mail
from people who don't want to get flamed.

Look what happened to Mike Avery. One posting -- and WHAM. And it was a
good posting, too.

>As for "effective tactics", it is the definitiion of effective which
>appears to be in dispute.  Specifically the tactics you propose (and which
>presumably you assume to be effective) are not deemed to be effective by
>large numbers of people.

The difference is that I have proof. The increasing popularity of Linux
and the demise of OS/2 are clear demonstrations of what works and what does
not.

--Brett