Date:      Tue, 1 Nov 2011 08:13:38 +0100
From:      Erwin Lansing <erwin@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ports not mentioned in their category's Makefile

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 08:13:14PM -0400, Eitan Adler wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 7:20 PM, Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads@cox.net> wrote:
>
> > I've generated a list of 57 ports that are not mentioned in the
> > Makefiles for their respective categories.  Before I do anything more
> > with this information (like submit patches), though, I just wanted to
> > check to see if there's any interest in correcting this.
> >

> Please  send the list to ports@freebsd.org. Keep in mind that some ports
> not listed may have been incomplete or aborted repocopies.  There is no
> need to send patches, the fix is easy enough ;)

Thanks for doing this and as you mention, this should be cleaned up as
those ports won't be in INDEX, readme, build packages, etc.  As Eitan
mentioned, there are several valid reasons for this, usually as a
temporary measure though.  Those ports are also mentioned in the logs on
pointyhat and occassionally someone from portmgr contacts the
maintainers, but if you have some code available I'd be happy to set
this up as a weekly reminder to maintainers.

Erwin

--
Erwin Lansing                                   http://droso.org
Prediction is very difficult