Date:      Sat, 20 Apr 2002 21:40:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/37290: New port: tool for setting the title of xterms

The following reply was made to PR ports/37290; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To: Andrew <andrew@ugh.net.au>
Cc: cy@FreeBSD.org, <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org>,
	<freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 21:39:51 -0700 (PDT)

 On Sun, 21 Apr 2002, Andrew wrote:

 > Shall we rewrite all programs in the Bourne shell?

 	No, just the parts of the base that rely on perl. :)

 > There are a number that could be. I don't really mind if it gets
 > commited or not but I thought it should be the end users choice as to
 > what they install or if they wirte scripts to do what they need.

 	The question isn't what we allow the users to use (of course),
 it's about what we support in the ports tree. Given that (as far as I
 know) csh-derived shells can also do this without help, and this
 functionality is already provided by another program in ports, this port
 is redundant, and probably shouldn't be included.

 Doug