Date:      Fri, 03 May 2002 20:24:55 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KMail or Evolution??

David Kelly writes:
> Terry Lambert writes:
> > >
> > > I've used sylpheed before as well, but I liked Kmail better because it
> > > integrated with KDE better, and had almost the same set of features.
> >
> > Of course, these clients are grossly incompatible.
> >
> > They can't even propagate the most popular email viruses...
>
> I would negotiate access to the mail clients' source code for you Terry
> if you would volunteer to add that feature set for us.  :-)

I need to be more careful of what I say on mailing lists where Murphy is
listening. Walked into work this morning and was mobbed by a W32.Klez
hell of infection.

First emergency act: no port 25 thru the firewall.

In theory this isn't in my job description. In practice I'm wondering
if when telephones first came out if the "telephone guru" didn't have
to go around periodically and uncoil user's handset cords.

Fortunately the infection was only one (distant) machine but plenty of
mailboxes had copies from that machine.

One reason I use Macintosh at work. Especially for internet and email.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net