Date:      Wed, 15 Sep 2004 18:33:14 +0100
From:      Bruno Afonso <brunomiguel@dequim.ist.utl.pt>
To:        pf4freebsd@freelists.org
Subject:   [pf4freebsd] RELENG_5 and carp patches - Status

=> WORKS:

I've set carp0 and carp1 with the ips my NAT box uses and it's working
flawlessly up until now (some hours). I have yet to set the backup box
as it's really really old and I'm waiting for it to compile world and
kernel... :)

I will try failover in the next days.

=> DOES NOT WORK:

ifconfig pfsync syncif <interface> does not work
carp-testing-box# ifconfig pfsync0 up syncif fxp0
ifconfig: syncif: bad value

accessing carp'ed IP address does not work
carp-testing-box# ping IP
PING IP (IP): 56 data bytes
ping: sendto: Operation not permitted

I also get "arp_rtrequest: bad gateway IP (!AF_LINK)" in /var/log/messages.

netstat -sv carp does not work
carp-testing-box# netstat -s -p carp
netstat: kvm not available

netstat -rn neither (which is very bad!)

carp-testing-box# netstat -rn
netstat: kvm not available
Routing tables
rt_tables: symbol not in namelist

Again, I'm only trying to share my experiences hoping someone also has
done some testing on this :)

Best,
BA

--