Date:      Fri, 9 Mar 2001 23:12:25 +0100
From:      Florian Bartels <f-bartels@uni.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is anybody using a HP DeskJet 970 series?

Marc W (mwlist@lanfear.com) wrote:

> hello!
>
>      My Windows machines spend more and more time powered off these
> days, especially with the release of KDE 2.1 and KOffice.  However, the
> one thing that keeps us using it is our printer, a HP DeskJet 970Cse.
>
>     Now, in looking at the GhostScript pages, it appears to be "sort
> of" supported, but it's not clear what that means.
>
>     So, I figured i'd just ask -- is anybody using this printer with
> the free UNIXen??  What sort of results are you seeing?  Can you print
> colour, or just black and white, etc ... ?
My 990Cxi, which has AFAIK the same hardware as a 970 prints prints very
good with the cdj970 from harsch.net. My recently compiled gs 6.50, out
of the ports tree, seems to include the drivers already.

The results are good. But the windows drivers produce better output.

Yes color and black and white printing works. The duplex mode of the
970's + 990's is also supported.