Date:      Sun, 24 Nov 2002 02:15:56 +0100
From:      "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@freebie.atkielski.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Chat" <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on the desktop (was: TheRegister article on Hotmail)

dmk writes:

> Prove it.

Why must I "prove" my opinions?  Do you prove yours?

A proven opinion is not an opinion ... it's a fact.

> Are you sure the impediment is not your cluttering
> the -advocacy list with this clearly far off-topic thread?

Yes.  Additionally, I've tried to keep the thread on topic, but others
appear to have different ideas (e.g., moving from the suitability of FreeBSD
as an OS for various purposes to discussions of Outlook Express).

> Oh? Prove it.

That has already been done.

> You say that like it's a bad thing.

It's neither good nor bad; but there seems little point to "advocacy" if it
does not actually encourage what it putatively advocates.

> I use FreeBSD because it does the job.

Most people use Windows for the same reason.

> Forgive me, for this last line caused me
> to snicker.

Is that bad?