Date:      Fri, 13 Jun 2003 08:21:42 +0200
From:      Mark Santcroos <marks@ripe.net>
To:        Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD laptop with: 56k modem, ethernet, Xfree86

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 01:46:33PM -0700, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> OK. I found the card, but it's not clear what information you are
> looking for. It's an Intel card. Model M3AWEB56GA.  It looks like it's
> a combo modem and WiFi card, but I could not find any reference to it
> on Intel's web page.

fcc.gov:

1160-  CX-  2001  8145539-  1
REGISTRANT:  XIRCOM,  INC.
MANUFACTURER:  XIRCOM  OPERATIONS  SDN  BHD
TYPE  OF  FILING:  ORIGINAL  REGISTRATION
REG.  NO:  2U6MLA-  36277-  M5-  E  REG.  CLASS:  TERMINAL  DEVICE
YPE  OF  EQUIPMENT:  56KBPS  MODEMS  USING  ANALOG  UPLOAD/  DIGITAL  DOWNLOAD  PROCESSING
EQUIPMENT  DESCRIPTION:  MINI  PCI  56.0K  DATA/  14.4K  FAX  MODEM  WITH  WIRLESS  ETHERNET
TRADE  NAME:  XIRCOM
MODEL:  FB  M3AWEB56GA

> How does this help with getting a driver,though? (I'll admit to near
> total ignorance as far as PC hardware is concerned.) It's certainly an
> Agere WinModem of some sort.

Well, identifying what hardware we are talking about is always a first
step in getting it supported ofcourse. I suggest you do some more googling
from here.

Mark

--
Mark Santcroos                    RIPE Network Coordination Centre
http://www.ripe.net/home/mark/    New Projects Group/TTM