Date:      Thu, 5 Dec 1996 21:51:35 +0100 (MET)
From:      Sandro Sigala <ssigala@globalnet.it>
To:        Ken Ingram <kingram@ipro.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Emacs problem ...

On Thu, 5 Dec 1996, Ken Ingram wrote:
> What's the 'compat 20 stuff' and where is it?

Sorry, i mean the FreeBSD 2.0 compatibility package, that you can find
on the CDROM in the /dists/compat20 directory (filename: compat20.tgz)
or on ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/x.y.z-RELEASE/compat20
You can install it by executing the install.sh script (which is in the
same directory) or using tar (or maybe using /stand/sysinstall, but i'm
not sure).

> At 03:48 PM 12/5/96 +0100, Sandro Sigala wrote:
> >> Post installation I've installed Emacs 19.30.
> >>It will not run and the error:
> >>
> >>ld.so failed: Can't find shared library "libgcc.so.261.0"
> >>
> >>And, in fact, the requested file is not in the lib/ directory.
> >>
> >>Is there a dependency here that I have overlooked?
> >
> >Try installing the compat20 stuff.

-sandro