Date:      Wed, 13 May 1998 08:06:47 -1000
From:      "Arthur W. Neilson III" <art@neilson.ddns.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   bpf

Installed 2.2.6 recently, am running generic kernel.
I have a cable modem connection to the net and am
trying to set up isc-dhcp2 from the ports collection.
successfully make installed the package on my system
however the dhclient complains with the following
when I start him up:

Can't find free bpf: Device not configured

This must be the Berkeley Packet Filter; how do I
configure it for use with isc-dhcp?  Is it built into
the generic kernel or do I have to add it in?
Is this the right mailing list for this type of question?

Thanks!