Date:      Sun, 13 Aug 2000 16:28:59 -0700
From:      Jim Mock <jim@jmock.com>
To:        Vince Valenti <vince@bendnet.com>
Cc:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

On Sun, 13 Aug 2000 at 15:52:52 -0700, Vince Valenti wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Aug 2000, Nik Clayton wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 11, 2000 at 09:55:57PM -0700, Vince Valenti wrote:
> > > In section 18.4 of the freebsd handbook (Using make world), you
> > > guys should talk about using mergemaster(8) to update the system's
> > > configuration files.
> >
> > Indeed we should.  So far what's been holding this back has been no
> > one submitting replacement text (or better still, diffs) to rewrite
> > this section of the Handbook.  How about it?
>
> Okay...  Should I just submit a diff to the html file?

A diff to the DocBook file (cutting-edge/chapter.sgml) would be
preferred, however that doesn't mean we won't accept other formats (HTML
diffs, plain text, etc.), it just means more work for us when we commit
it.  At any rate, if you send me the update, I'll commit it after I read
through it (and do/fix any necessary markup).

- jim

--
jim mock <jim@jmock.com>        work: jim@osd.bsdi.com | jim@FreeBSD.org
http://soupnazi.org/              BSDi Open Source Div | http://bsdi.com