Date:      Thu, 17 Mar 2005 07:38:49 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Pietro Cerutti" <pietro.cerutti@gmail.com>, "Lowell Gilbert" <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: problem due to hostname change

When apache starts up if it don't have your hostname set in it's
config file then it issues a system call asking what
the hostname for the IP address is that is on your host.

whatever it gets back it then uses to setup a default website.  If you
change the name of your host in /etc.rc.conf then it better also
have been changed in any DNS servers that your system is using.

> I'm sure I didn't set my <old_hostname> anywhere else than in rc.conf

Did you check /etc/hosts

Ted