Date:      Sun, 19 Jan 2003 15:16:28 +1030
From:      bastill@adam.com.au
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Deleted files

I made a boo-boo!
Two in fact!  :-)
In transferring directories from one disk to another using dump | restore I
forgot at one point to cd and put a number of directories into the wrong partition.
So I deleted the wrong directories using rm -rf directoryname.
Unfortunately deleting the wrongly transferred directory "home" in this way
deleted the SOURCE /usr/home as well <sob>
Is there any way at all I can recover the deleted files and subdirectories in
the source location?

--
Brian