Date:      Wed, 25 May 2016 12:13:40 -0400
From:      "James B. Byrne" <byrnejb@harte-lyne.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Samba on FreeBSD

I am contemplating creating a SAMBA-4.4 Domain Controller on
FreeBSD-10.3.  Has anyone here done this?  If anyone has, and would
care to share their experience with me I have a number of questions:

1. Is the SAMBA instance the only DC in your domain?

2. If the SAMBA service is not the only DC what OS's do the other DCs
run.

3. Did you migrate from an existing MS based DC?

4. Did you run SAMBA as a jail or as a BHyve VM.  If either applies,
why one and not the other?

James B. Byrne                mailto:ByrneJB@Harte-Lyne.ca
Canada  L8E 3C3