Date:      Sun, 1 Sep 1996 00:15:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <FreeBSD-Ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   tcl-dp

I was wondering if someone who knows tcp better than I might be willing to
test a new port of tcl-dp (distributed processing) I have completed?
Here's the DESCR file from it:

This package contains the binary release of Tcl-dp version 3.5,
a Distribued Processing extension to tcl/tl.  Tcl-DP adds TCP, UDP, and
IP-multicast connection management, remote procedure call (RPC),
distributed object protocols, and a name server to Tcl/Tk.  A C
interface to the RPC primitives is also provided.  Unlike the "send"
command of Tk, Tcl-DP does not require that Tcl/Tk processes that want
to communicate share an X server because Tcl-DP is built directly upon
TCP/IP.

This package includes man pages and HTML documentation.

I'll be able to commit it as soon as I could test functionality, but I
don't have direct net connectivity, so if someone else could help, I'd
appreciate it.  It compiles, installs, and builds a package fine, looks ok
from what I can tell.

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |