Date:      Fri, 31 Aug 2001 17:22:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Trevin Chow <tmchow@sfu.ca>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problems installing sendmail from ports

Okay, I just tried installing sendmail from the ports to the latest
version due to that security bulletin that was released a few days ago.

Compile and install seemed to go fine. I updated /etc/mail/mailer.conf to
reflect the new sendmail binary.  I moved the original
sendmail binary from /usr/sbin/sendmail to /usr/sbin/sendmail.old to check
that everything was working.

I started up pine and tried composing an email to myself, but I get an
error when it tries to send saying it can't find /usr/sbin/sendmail.  It's
trying to use the old binary instead of the new one at
/usr/local/sbin/sendmail.

I thought updating /etc/mail/mailer.conf was enough to tell the system the
location of the sendmail binary to use?