Date:      Wed, 15 Feb 1995 17:18:24 -0500
From:      slr@mitre.org (Soochon Radee)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   2.x multicast routing?

Hi. I'm wondering if anyone has been experiencing the following problem
with mrouted:

I've been working to set up a FreeBSD 2.0 (release and subsequent
snapshots) box as the end of a multicast tunnel without success. The
kernels compile cleanly, and mrouted starts up fine. But when I run vat or
some other conferencing program, it seems that I don't end up joining the
group. Dumping mrouted's routing tables shows that while the process knows
of all the routes and which groups I should be joined to, none are cached
in the kernel (even while supposedly joined to a group).

Has anyone else experienced behavior like this, or know of a solution?
Since others have been asking about configuring vat to handle sound, they
must have gotten packets to flow...

The other end of the tunnel is ok, since it used to work with mrouted on
our Sun.

Thanks.

Soochon