Date:      Sun, 21 Sep 2003 21:34:22 -0500
From:      Gary <gv-list-freebsdquestions@mygirlfriday.info>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: patch for SSHD help !?!?!

Hi Brent,

--On Sunday, September 21, 2003 10:11:47 PM -0400 Brent Bailey
<mrb@bmyster.com> wrote:

> patch < ~brent/PATCHES/buffer46.patch
>
> it then asks me
> File To Patch:    < what do i do here ??..what file ??

First you have to look at the patch, to see what/where it goes into. Then
do a locate for that file, or dir..  In this case, it is in

/usr/src/crypto/openssh

Put the patch in there... type patch < buffer46.patch

> Ive never used this procedure before. Is there a howto on this procedure
> that someone might be able to point me to ??
> any help is great appreciated

That's it, then follow the instructions after patching . ...

See man patch to learn about patching.

--
Gary