Date:      Wed, 16 Apr 1997 16:07:28 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Michael Searle <searle@longacre.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMP question.

Hi,

> > there is some possibility that the P-90 (I assumme you mean P5-90) will
> > be a problem.  That vintage of P5 is from the days when the APIC section
> > was somewhat unstable, and often required a "matched pair" of CPUs, ie 2
> > from the same stepping and rev level.
>
> Is this ever necessary for a 2 or 4 P6-150?

it is generally believed that this is NOT a problem with any of the P6
chips, but I can't guarantee it.  you might also consider trying to clock
the P5-150s at 166mHz, the bus will then run @ 66mHz instead of 60mHz.

I just purchased a dual P6 with 2 P6-166mHzx512k cache and am successfully
running them at 200mHz.

--
Steve Passe	| powered by