Date:      Sat, 13 Jun 1998 17:09:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      CyberPeasant <djv@bedford.net>
To:        sm0ke@mindspring.com (Sm0ke)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The Operating system FreeBSD

Sm0ke wrote:
> Hello, I'm writing a Research Paper on some type of Operating system and I
> hose to write it on FreeBSD, now I was wondering What type of Filing system
> it uses, like DOS uses a Fat or Fat32 filing system. Could You please answer
> that question for me ?? (Or write my paper for me, that would be GREAT :)
> j/k :P But Please send me mail back stating what type of filing system it
> has.

Mostly BSD uses the UFS (unix file system), also called the ffs
or "Fast File System". It is described in detail in most any
textbook on Unix.

It is also described in the paper by McKusick, Joy, Leffler
and Fabry, "A Fast File System for UNIX", which ships with the
CDROM of FreeBSD.

Contact me off list if you would like a copy, and don't have it.

Dave
--
http://www.microsoft.com/security: `Microsoft Windows NT Server is the most
                  secure network operating system available.'

Don Quixote: `You are mistaken, Sancho.'