Date:      Sun, 7 Sep 2003 23:10:21 -0700
From:      "Robert Stickney" <stickney@ece.arizona.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing Matlab R13 useing Linux compatibility

I have the student version installed and I am running FreeBSD 5.0 with linux
binary compatibility.  I brandelf'ed the Matlab executable and I still get
this error when I run Matlab.

Matlab: error while loading shared libraries: libut.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

I am not sure that I have the linux binary compatibility installed correctly
because when my computer boots i get many error that look like this:

/compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6 is not a symbolic link

Thanks for you help,

Robert Stickney