Date:      Thu, 10 Jan 2002 13:50:45 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom Kersten <tomkersten98@yahoo.com>
To:        Lowell Gilbert <lowell@world.std.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [freebsd-questions] Troubled newbie....PLEASE HELP!!!

--- Lowell Gilbert <lowell@world.std.com> wrote:
> tomkersten98@yahoo.com (Tom Kersten) writes:
>
> > I am in desperate need of help. I can not get the
> > permissions
> > to come out correctly when I try to CVSup my ports
> (&
> > docs).
> > Currently I am getting the permissions of 700 (in
> > relation to
> > root) Here is what I have for config files and
> what I
> > have done..
>
> It all looks okay to me.  I can't reproduce your
> problem, so I can 't
> be sure how much my advice will help, but you might
> want to try
> specifying the umask setting inside the supfile (the
> syntax is in the
> cvsup(1) manual).  You also might want to look at
> the shell startup
> files for root (and for the system in general);
> something might be
> resetting the umask for root in, for example,
> /root/.cshrc.  If cvsup
> uses subshells (I don't know whether it does or
> not), then these would
> override the setting that cvsup inherits.
>
> Good luck.

Thanks for the reply, I have actuall tried the
following also:
1.) changing my default umask to 022 in my
.bash_profile directory of root's home. This should
take care of it as far as I can tell from bash's
documentation.
2.) adding "*default umask=022" to my sup-file.

I seriously can't come up with a solution to this. I
did update my /src also before. I rebuilt the kernel
fine and thought that I had followed the directions,
but....if something in this process could've messed it
up...???? Hmm..........I have no idea, as I said
before, I am at a loss for words at this point. Any
other ideas????