Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 2000 07:50:45 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP! linprocfs going away in 72 hours.

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> Fully agreement here, and that was also what the core decision said:
> only visible to processed run under the linuxolator.

This sounds like a very poor decision to me..
It doesn't help the security issue at all and it
makes it more difficult to find out what is going on and
debug problems. This sounds more like a personal NIH problem
than a technical decision.

A case of someone's bruised ego or something.

   __--_|\  Julian Elischer
     /       \ julian@elischer.org
    (   OZ    ) World tour 2000
---> X_.---._/  presently in:  Perth