Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 2010 14:49:12 -0700
From:      Jason Helfman <jhelfman@e-e.com>
To:        Paul A.Procacci <pprocacci@datapipe.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: loader.conf problem

On Apr 28, 2010, at 2:26 PM, Paul A. Procacci wrote:

> Gents,
>=20
> I recent build of FreeBSD8-STABLE (amd64)is not parsing =
/boot/loader.conf
> properly.  While the machine boots I am getting the following error:
>=20
>> \
> \: unknown command
> \
> --
>=20
> This is right before it loads the kernel.  I was wondering if anyone =
else is
> running into such problems or knows which source files I can examine =
to see
> where the problem might be?
>=20
> A side effect of this is that my modules that I'd like to be loaded =
aren't
> being loaded.
>=20
> Thanks,
> --
> Paul A. Procacci
> Manager, UNIX Support Services
> Datapipe Managed Global IT Services
> 1.201.792.4847 (international)
> 1.888.749.5821 (toll free)
>=20
> This message may contain confidential or privileged information.  If =
you are not the intended recipient, please advise us immediately and =
http://www.datapipe.com/about-us-legal-email-disclaimer.htm for further =
information on confidentiality and the risks of non-secure electronic =
communication. If you cannot access these links, please notify us by =
reply message and we will send the contents to you.

When the system boot, go to the loader prompt.
Type:
unload
Type:
load /boot/kernel/kernel

Then load in your modules in with the same process.

Finally, type:

boot

You can then look at your loader.conf and diagnose any issue that might =
be in it, or file a bug if there is really something wrong.

Hope this helps!