Date:      Sat, 01 Sep 2001 00:32:35 +0000
From:      "Alexandre Bouchard" <rolivawdaneel@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Video card sucks, problems installing X11

I am trying to install X11 on a bsd v4.3 stable

It does not work:

hardware list: ATI Mach64 AGP Onboard (IBM aptiva type 2139)
               96 mb RAM ...blablabla

XF86Setup starts in VGA16 for the setup, it works, but once I set the video
card to ATI Mach64, when trying to test the server, it does not start.

I tried startx with the config even if the server was not correct, it
continues to piss me with: No video mode found

and it adds something like: 0:0 broken stuff

Is there known incompatibilities with my card ? :(

thx