Date:      Sat, 21 Nov 1998 12:14:10 -0700
From:      Alex Davidson <alexd@idcomm.com>
Subject:   KDE Install

I am looking for a nice-looking and useable Windows-type environment.  I
have XWindows running okay but it seems a little lacking in features as
it is (don't know what apps would enhance it best), so I have downloaded
KDE and followed the installation instructions but get some errors.
Maybe it'd be best if I explained what I did:
tar xvfz filename.gz
cd packagename
./configure
make
su -c "make install"

This is all according to the install instructions but on running
configure it does seem to give me rather a lot of unknown variable
messages, then right at the end it says QT-1.3 (headers and libraries)
not found

On running make it says:
make: no target to make

and running make install responds:
unknown class 'make install'
unknown class 'make install'

Anyone have any suggestions as to what I'm missing?