Date:      Wed, 13 Aug 2003 08:00:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Josef El-Rayes <j.el-rayes@daemon.li>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/55538: [patch] add screenshots to desktop chapter

The following reply was made to PR docs/55538; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Josef El-Rayes <j.el-rayes@daemon.li>
To: Tilman Linneweh <tilman@arved.de>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 16:57:26 +0200

 Tilman Linneweh <tilman@arved.de> wrote:
 > No, I don't like them. The GNOME one has a mixture of German and English on it
 > and a strange font. The KDE one doesn't show specific KDE Applications and contains
 > lots of German texts too. The KDE-FreeBSD Website has many better KDE Screenshots.
 > Please submit some more default-style Screenshots.
 i will try to find more suitable screenshots according to your
 definitions.

 > Second I don't think that the Handbook should be a screenshot gallery.
 i think "screenshot gallery" is a bit exaggerated. as i only want to
 provide one screenshot to give the user an impression, of what we are
 actually talking about.
 a picture says more than words and when talking about desktop
 environments it is essential to show how it looks like.
 why do we provide screenshots of sysinstall in the install chapter?
 to support the text, so why do not add 1 screenshot per desktop
 environment? i will provide another pair of screenshots tomorrow.

 greets, josef
 --
 www: http://www.daemon.li
 nic-hdl: JER1080312-NICAT