Date:      Sun, 24 Feb 2002 16:10:14 -0600
From:      "Jason Halbert" <jason@jason-n3xt.org>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Samba Question

Hi All:

I have been trying to get Samba working with no luck.  I installed it from
ports.  I edited the smb.conf.sample and changed the values to what I think
match my network.  I am trying to get my FreeBSD box on my simple
peer-to-peer Win2k and WinXP network.  I changed the "workgroup" and
"server string" to my workgroup name and what I wanted the FreeBSD box to
be called.  I'm not able to connect to the other Windows boxes and they
can't see the UNIX box.  The UNIX box has two NICs in it; one public and
one private.  All the boxes are on the public network and nothing is on the
private (it's there for future NAT).

Does any one know of a good straight forward method for getting Samba
working with a simple peer-to-peer network?

Thanks very much

----
Jason