Date:      Fri, 22 Sep 2006 14:59:32 +0000
From:      Mario Lobo <mario.lobo@ipad.com.br>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: next episode, continuing saga

On Friday 22 September 2006 15:36, Josh Tolbert wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 10:27:11AM -0500, hackmiester (Hunter Fuller) wrote:
> > Really? I've never seen a mobo... well, you learn something new every
> > day. :-D
>
> Yeah, I'd never seen a whole motherboard get toasted cause of that, but I
> suppose it could happen.
>
> Thanks,
> Josh

That's why I never by lottery tickets.

In over 2 decades working with PCs, the only time I saw a crash (not a toast!)
was when I unplugged a keyboard from a PC-XT. The AT boards didn't do that
anymore.  And beleive me, I have done these swapings many,many,many,many,
many times over, continued using the machine and NEVER smelled anything
burning.

But a new thing is a new thing and I am a fast learner, so, agreeing with
Josh, I too suppose it could happen.

--
   //| //|
  // |// |