Date:      Fri, 6 Jan 2006 16:52:16 -0500
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/arch-handbook/pci chapter.sgml

On Friday 06 January 2006 04:29 pm, John Baldwin wrote:
> jhb         2006-01-06 21:29:52 UTC
>
>   FreeBSD doc repository
>
>   Modified files:
>     en_US.ISO8859-1/books/arch-handbook/pci chapter.sgml
>   Log:
>   Various and sundry cleanups to the sample PCI driver:
>   - Split the first section into sub-sections instead of just paragraphs.
>   - Include a makefile for a kernel module for the sample driver and
> explain how to use 'make', 'make load', and 'make unload'.
>   - Use 'struct cdev *' rather than 'dev_t'.
>   - Add missing d_version to cdevsw.
>   - Explain how to use si_drv1 in struct cdev to get from a cdev back to
> the softc.
>   - Add a softc and move the cdev pointer into the softc.  Given the cdev
>     a unique name and minor number for each device.
>   - Use better comments in several places.
>   - Actually call device_set_desc() in probe, and use BUS_PROBE_DEFAULT
>     rather than 0.
>   - Add missing call to destroy_dev() in detach.
>   - Use DEFINE_CLASS_0.
>
>   PR:             docs/90830
>   Submitted by:   Marius Nuennerich marius dot nuennerich at gmx dot net

Is there any way to get tidy to not butcher tabs in <programlisting> content?
It seemed that nearly every other build it either preserved the tabs or cut
them in half to only 4 chars.  I did verify that if I built with 'make
NO_TIDY=yes' everything looked fine and wasn't butchered, so it's some issue
with tidy being too smart it seems.  I suppose I could resort to using
explicit spaces and no tabs perhaps, but that would be rather yucky.