Date:      Mon, 16 Sep 1996 16:02:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
To:        Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
Cc:        shadows@whitefang.com, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Easy editors

On Mon, 16 Sep 1996, Gary Kline wrote:

> According to The ShadowS Know:
>
> 	Good reply to valid points raised.  My wife, among others,
> 	flames my system when she has to use vi to create a doc
> 	or send mail, etc.
>
> 	I'm wondering if there is any combo of X editor and mailer
> 	that I can set up for her to ``emulate'' the Mac that she is
> 	used to and loves/loved, or the PeeCee that she is using now.
>
> 	Bear in mind that this is a woman who has no interest in
> 	learning a new editor....  There is mh or xmh--yes?--that
> 	would be kind of push buttom.

For click and drag with a motif-like feel (which is the direction you're
looking), look for tkmail.  It's a tcl/tk app that I really liked, and
includes important stuff like spell checking.

My wife had no problems getting used to it.

Of course, I don't know if it's been updated to work with tcl 7.4/tk 4.X