Date:      Sat, 26 Aug 2000 17:27:42 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Zaid Dashti <zaid500@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help plz

Zaid Dashti wrote:

> 1- in my local network, when i type named i see this:
>    Aug 24 02:32:24 Zaid named[1149]: Zone "Zaid.Com" (file s/db.Zaid):    No
> default TTL set using SOA minimum
>    instead
>    Aug 24 02:32:24 Zaid named[1149]: Zone "37.147.223.in-addr.arpa"
> (file s/Zaid.rev): No default TTL set us
>    ing SOA minimum instead
>    why ?

Either ignore it (it's harmless AFAIK) or add

$TTL 1d

to your zone files (replacing 1d with whatever your preferred TTL is).

> 2- i created alot of hosts in my pc when i type nslookup
>    terminator.movie.edu i see the ip of the terminator host.
>    but when i ping the ip i see: no route to host. why ?
>    ( that's in a local network and i want make a vhosts in my pc
>    and i want use the vhosts in ircd in my local network ).

You mean your computers has multiple IP addresses?  Please show us the
output of 'ifconfig -a' and 'netstat -rn' so we know exactly what you're
doing here.

--
Ben Smithurst / ben@FreeBSD.org / PGP: 0x99392F7D