Date:      Mon, 26 Feb 2007 18:11:50 -0600
From:      "Scot Hetzel" <swhetzel@gmail.com>
To:        Jeff <bsd@mrbonkers.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with Path/Ports

On 2/25/07, Jeff <bsd@mrbonkers.org> wrote:
> > Does it match one of these conditions (from Mk/bsd.port.mk)?
> >
> > - OSVERSION} < 504105
> > - OSVERSION} >= 600000 && OSVERSION < 600103
> > - OSVERSION >= 700000 && OSVERSION < 700012
> >

> > If it does, you might need to reinstall the ports-mgmt/pkg_install port.
> >
> make -V OSVERSION returns 600034, so there's the problem.
>
>  >you might need to reinstall the ports-mgmt/pkg_install port.
>
> Where should I see the pkg_install port? I have the sources for it, but
> I don't find a port.

The port is either in ports-mgmt/pkg_install (new location) or
sysutils/pkg_install (old location) under /usr/ports.

> Any idea how I could have broken this? The last cvsup used the same
> cvsup file I've used before. Is there a release that puts the pkg tools
> in /usr/local/ ?

When you cvsuped /usr/ports to the latest version, it caused the new
dependancy on this port.  You probably had an older /usr/ports tree
that didn't have this requirement.

The releases still put the pkg tools in the normal locations, its just
that your version of the tools are out of date, and needed to be
upgraded to the latest version so that new options could be used by
the ports system.

Scot
--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.