Date:      Sat, 8 Jan 2000 19:12:54 -0400
From:      "Doug Richardson" <electmus@nb.sympatico.ca>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FW: re: FreeBSD installation problems....

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Richardson [mailto:electmus@nb.sympatico.ca]
Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2000 7:10 PM
To: support@cdrom.com
Subject: re: FreeBSD installation problems....

I'm having a problem getting the Walnut Creek FreeBSD 3.3 to recognize my
ATAPI (Ide) 50X cdrom. I can start the install by directly booting the cdrom
but during the installation just after package selection and partitioning it
asks where you want to start the install from,??? I select the cdrom, then
I'm told that one has not been detected?????? Kinda weird considering that
very cdrom drive is where it started intallation from. Any ideas on this one
would be appreciated, I have tried the hardware faqs and the newsgroups but
no luck as yet. I have used various Linux distributions for two years but
have not seen this problem before.  Have registered product............
doug - alexr@linux.ca