Date:      Sun, 14 Jun 1998 07:34:00 +1000
From:      "Gary Harris" <gharris@wr.com.au>
To:        "Andrew Karageorgis" <andrewkg@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Install problems

>   I would like to inform you of a problem I cam accross while trying to
> install FreeBSD.  As I tried to run setup, it informed m that bin.cc was
> of incorrect size. Checking it latter I found it to be 237k unlike the
> rest of the files.  I tried downloading it again but th problem is still
> there.
>   I would be obliged if you could provide a solution to my problem
>   Thank you in advance,

   This one I can fix, Andrew. The problem is that your brower is enlarging the file. You'll note that it is shown as a
readable file in the browser window, Netscape in my case, and even when you "save link as" rather than read and
save, it'll enlarge. Probably because it's being saved as text rather than binary. The solution is to use a dedicated
ftp programme and download in binary mode. This one took me a day or two. :-)

I'm going to put my experiences on "paper" when I'm done so I'd appreciate knowing what operating system and
software you're downloading with.

    Cheers.

        Cheers,

             Gary.