Date:      Mon, 22 Sep 2003 11:01:41 +0200
From:      strattbo@fsp1.physik.ruhr-uni-bochum.de (Thomas Stratmann)
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: -current brake ufs for -stable

Hi crowd,

I have seen this problems several months ago and posted on -current, but
noone seemed to care. Was really disappointed then. I assume there's not
many people in the world running both -current and -stable on the same
box...

My symptoms were thus: newfs (-st) and fill filesystem works normal.
Boot into -cu and mount filesystem works with no complaints.
Next time booting I have
* grub saying it can't mounted that partition (see BTW below)
* -st mount refusing due to corruption
* -st fsck fixing this, only reporting "summary information bad"
After fsck, everything works fine.
Re-mounting in -current (right after unmounting) is without problems.

BTW Last time I really was lucky... I needed to move the loader to some
other filesystem for grub to be able to load it. Glad I had another
filesystem lying around (idly, so to say) that was NOT the -stable root,
otherwise after touching it from -current I would not have been able to
boot even -stable...

BTW2 Please, get this fixed! Currently this is much of the only reason
for me not to use -current (and I really want to play around with it).
I would be happy to help and test things in order to get this going, so
if you need someone to drop into the debugger or so let me know!

Cheers
Thomas