Date:      Fri, 07 Jun 1996 10:22:44 -0700
From:      "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
To:        winterg@os2bbs.com (Gib Winter)
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem compiling the latest -stable

>>cc -O -I/usr/src/usr.bin/dig/../../usr.sbin/nslookup    -o dig dig.o
>debug.o lis
>>t.o send.o subr.o
>>debug.o: Undefined symbol `_iso_ntoa' referenced from text segment
>>list.o: Undefined symbol `_iso_ntoa' referenced from text segment
>>*** Error code 1
>>
>>Stop.

>Actually, this is a re-enactment of the error for demo purposes (I just
>typed make in the dig directory (compiling NSLOOKUP also gives me the same
>errors).

First, did you install new includes before starting your make world?

Second, you can tell the system to continue with other parts, even if
a piece fails.  The best way to do this is to type this in the shell
that you do your make world in (assuming you're using a csh):

	setenv MAKEFLAGS '-k'

(if you're using a sh-based shell):

	export MAKEFLAGS='-k'

   Roll your own Internet access -- Seattle People's Internet cooperative.
                  If you're in the Seattle area, ask me how.