Date:      Fri, 10 Oct 2014 13:13:32 -0400
From:      <scratch65535@att.net>
To:        freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PKG not quite ready for prime time

I'm having quite a lot of trouble converting to pkg due to there
being no obvious source of accurate documentation.   I got this
after I thought I had it solved and could install something:

11:36 Fri, 10 Oct [momcat:root]~> pkg install firefox
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
pkg: Repository FreeBSD has a wrong packagesite, need to
re-create database
Fetching meta.txz: 100%   968 B   1.0k/s    00:01
pkg: Error loading trusted certificates
pkg: repository FreeBSD has no meta file, using default settings
Fetching digests.txz: 100%    2 MB 119.8k/s    00:17
pkg: Error loading trusted certificates
pkg: Unable to update repository FreeBSD
All repositories are up-to-date.
pkg: Repository FreeBSD has a wrong packagesite, need to
re-create database
pkg: Repository FreeBSD cannot be opened. 'pkg update' required
Updating database digests format: 100%
pkg: No packages available to install matching 'firefox' have
been found in the repositories

Just for the record, could someone knowledgeable please post the
real, current list of required config files and their contents OR
a pointer to known-good+complete documentation?

Thanks!