Date:      Thu, 23 Aug 2007 09:10:51 -0300
From:      JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org, Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
Subject:   Re: powerd freeze with amd 5000 X2 but not with lower cpus

On Thursday 23 August 2007 00:17:56 Ian Smith wrote:

> Call me curious, but (assuming that you're tuning for performance, not
> economy, and so will always run these boxes on AC power, not battery):
>
>   a) why you think that line in /etc/rc.d/power_profile is 'funny'?

well, in first place because it gave an error, I haven't looked deeper at t=
hat=20
moment because I was after something else

so now I did because of your question and it seems the power_profile script=
=20
has a bug

I tries to set hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest=3DC1

but I guess it should be dev.cpu.0.cx_lowest

>   b) what value for performance_cx_lowest you would consider more
>      appropriate to use than C1, and why?

I didn't said that, My comment was not regarding the value but the error pe=
r=20
se

>   c) whether you have overridden the /etc/defaults/rc.conf values for
>      {performance,economy}_cx_lowest or {performance,economy}_cpu_freq ?

no

=2D-=20

Jo=E3o