Date:      Sat, 8 Jan 2000 22:51:15 +0000
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Jackson Donadel <fatboy@linuxbr.com.br>
Cc:        John <papalia@udel.edu>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rc.conf +login

Jackson Donadel wrote:

> Without named running, i the server try to resolve me when timeout occur, he
> ask me login, pass and after i have the shell
> With named the server response imediatily asking me the login/pass, but he
> only give me the shell only a few minutes  a go
>
> The system is a 3.1, with src of 3.3 compiled and installed.
>
> I think in reinstall it

Don't reinstall it! That's the Microsoft Way[tm], (after retry and
reboot, IIRC). first, try something like `diff -ur /etc /usr/src/etc'
assuming you have the latest source in /usr/src. See if you can spot any
brain damage which has occured in your /etc.

You could also try running mergemaster to upgrade /etc, if you haven't
already.

--
Ben Smithurst            | PGP: 0x99392F7D
ben@scientia.demon.co.uk |   key available from keyservers and