Date:      Sat, 01 Jul 2000 05:59:37 -0400
From:      Generic Player <generic@unitedtamers.com>
To:        custom <jcwells@nwlink.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PHP and apache

> Do you have the php.ini file in the right place? Did you add the *.php
> file type? What do your apahce logs say. They are generally very good at
> pointing out errors.

php.ini is in /usr/local/lib that's where the instructions that came with the
package told me to stick it.  and I did uncomment the file type lines for php
in the httpd.conf file.  My /www/apache/logs dir is empty.  Because of trying
installing it the different times, I have apache files all over my disk, not
sure which ones belonging to which install, or why the weren't removed by
"make deinstall".

> If you are running Linux binary versions of these software then you need
> to aenable linux emulation. If you built them from source the linux way,
> then you need to learn the FreeBSD way. Either `pkg_add disto.tar.gz` or
> 'cd /usr/ports/category/program_name; make install'

I installed them from the FreeBSD 4.0-release cd.  Some of them I checked off
to install during the actual install of the OS, others were installed by
going:
cd /usr/ports/whatever/program
make install

I found out that the flashplayer is broken in 4, and I need to enable
compat30 and pkg_add 3-stable's flashplayer package.  How would I go about
installing compat30?