Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 1997 17:34:29 -0500
From:      "Rafael A. Reta Rodriguez" <rafareta@mexcom.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   [Fwd: Re: gpm]

Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 17:33:37 -0500
From: "Rafael A. Reta Rodriguez" <rafareta@mexcom.net>
To: "P. van Leeuwen" <pvl@nanoteq.com>
Subject: Re: gpm

P. van Leeuwen wrote:

> Tell me         about it. I had a hell of a time to get it to work.
>
> What kind of mouse do you have?
> I use a Genius 3 button mouse with a selector switch for three button/two button protocol.
> The way mine works is with /dev/sysmouse as the port for X mouse and /dev/cuaa0
> as the port for moused.
> Both are declared as mousesystems mice.

GENIUS is not in the /t list of moused, but try
moused -t microsoft -p /dev/cuaa0
vidcontrol -m on

kill any moused proceses befor you execute this.

> You'll have to play around with the settings, but I think the important thing is
> not to use the same port for both X and moused if you have a mousesystems
> kind of mouse. I don't know about microsoft mice.

To make the X work with this you have to change in /etc/XF86config the
mouse port from /dev/cuaa0 to /dev/sysmouse AND chenge the mouse
protocol to "MouseSystems"

After it worked I inserted in /etc/rc.local the moused command and in
/etc/profile the vidcontol command (I am not shure if thy are the
correct places to do it bu it works perfectly)

> Maybe there should be a faq put together about all these mouse issues, because
> I've seen these same questions a hundred times.
> We could put all our different working setups in it.

I am agree   :)

> I hope that helps.

Me too