Date:      Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:28:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
To:        "Mr. Darren" <darren780@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pci dma error

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004, Mr. Darren wrote:

> I have a diamond mx400 and I get the following error
> Maestro: DMA buffer beyond 256MB (busaddr 0x1ed50000
> size 81920)
> Couldn't allocate Maestro memory

This string doesn't appear in the FreeBSD maestro driver, at least in
HEAD.  What is the output of 'ident /boot/kernel/snd_maestro.ko',
'ident /boot/kernel/snd_maestro.ko', and 'uname -a'?

> I am informed on some linux sites that this problem is
> related to having more than 250megs of ram.  they
> claimed the problem was fixed by manually setting a
> dma..  I'm not sure how to do this in freebsd.

According the commit logs the necessary adjustments to busdma were made to
the maestro3 driver months ago.  What sound driver does the Diamond use?

dwhite@gumbysoft.com          |  www.FreeBSD.org