Date:      Mon, 31 Aug 1998 09:27:56 +0100
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        garman@earthling.net
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bt848 card tuner detection

Jason Garman

> I have a miro pctv card that i've been using for a while under
> 2.2.6-stable.  I recently upgraded to 3.0-current (as of a few days ago) and suddenly my tuner is no longer recognized automatically.

Ok. thanks for reporting the problem.
The bt848 cad manufacturer detection is really a problem. Too
many cards all look the same to the software.

The fix of the SYSCTL should have got it working.

Can you reboot please with the boot option -v (for verbose)
It should record the GPIO data bits. These data bits are used
by the Miro card to specify the model of tuner you have.

Something else you could try.
do sysctl -w hw.bt848.tuner=nnn  where nnn is a value from 1 to 10.
Type in the sysctl and then try fxtv for each value.

Let me know how you get on.
Bye
Roger Hardiman
Strathclyde Uni Telepresence Group