Date:      Sat, 24 Jun 2000 21:19:01 +0100
From:      Jason Williams <jason@compsoc.man.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kernel message

Eek.

I've got a shiny new install of FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE that's acting as a server
for a small network (NFS, NIS, Apache, IMAP/POP).

I just got the following kernel message...

Jun 24 21:10:44 mrtall /kernel: got bad cookie vp 0xc65e7720 bp 0xc1e18280
Jun 24 21:10:44 mrtall /kernel: got bad cookie vp 0xc65e7720 bp 0xc1e18280

Is this something I should worry about, panic about, or just ignore? Should
I book my ticket now with the petty cash before I get lynched when the
server dies horribly? :-)

uname -a ...

FreeBSD <myserver.mydomain> 4.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE #0: Wed Jun 21 19:36:40 BST 2000     root@<myserver.mydomain>:/usr/src/sys/compile/MYKERNEL

Any other information you need? Just ask...

Hope you can help, this is fairly worrying...

--
"Now that's an idea. Spearmint flavored rye bread. Mmm. Hey, I just said it
 was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea. " -- Larry Wall