Date:      Fri, 15 Oct 2004 20:09:51 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-15?B?Sm9uYXMgQ+lkcmlj?= <cedric@virtual-globe.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re[2]: Problems with nslookup

Bonjour Sean McNeil,

Le vendredi 15 octobre 2004 à 20:00:50, vous écriviez :

Sean McNeil> On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 10:53, Jonas Cédric wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Since update to BETA7 and the change to the imported BIND9, I have following
>> problem:
>>
>> icarus# nslookup
>> > google.de
>> nslookup: couldn't get address for '¸èë¿¿Õ': not found
>> icarus#
>>
>> Before the update, I had a BETA2 system with BIND9 (from the ports) -
>> I deinstalled it and followed the instructions in UPDATING... I try to
>> rebuild the world, delete the nslookup files before but nothing
>> help...
>>

>> Sorry for my bad englisch, but I do what I can ;-)

Sean McNeil> You probably have an old version of
Sean McNeil> nslookup in your environment.  Do a

Sean McNeil> which nslookup

Sean McNeil> it should be /usr/bin/nslookup.  Any other
Sean McNeil> version should be deleted.

Sean McNeil> Cheers,
Sean McNeil> Sean

icarus# which nslookup
/usr/bin/nslookup

I do all this, how described in UPDATING...
I forgot something: the only system where it fails is the one where
BIND9 was previously installed as a port, the 2 other ones are Ok.

--
Best regards,
  Cédric.